[IMPORTANT!] after downloading, apply to our ALPHA Project on https://goo.gl/forms/iA2jW2AuYXgcIdDH2 to get a free 30 days license
[IMPORTANT!] we recommend to download the latest version: Mindesk 0.2.0
[IMPORTANT!] a video demo with detailed instruction is about to be published!
Mindesk is the first interface in the world bridging Rhino 5.0 and Virtual Reality!
It is part of a wider project that will allow soon to create from scratch 3D CAD models in VR. Mindesk works with HTC Vive™ and Oculus Rift™. It is recommended that your PC complies with the Oculus requirements.
- Download and install the latest .rhi package: Mindesk 0.2.0
- Open Mindesk.rhi and follow the install wizard
- Connect your HTC Vive™ and launch OpenVR
- Launch Mindesk from the menu or type MindeskStartVR in the terminal
- If you don't have a valid license the plugin will stop:
- copy Mindesk product ID from Rhino command line
- register your email and product ID on https://goo.gl/forms/iA2jW2AuYXgcIdDH2 to get a free 30 days license
- type "MindeskOptions" on the command line
- enter email and license key in the Option form
- Specify the origin point of view
- Wear your HMD and enjoy!
- Mindesk disappears from the top menu when Rhino is rebooted. Type MindeskStartVR for starting Mindesk next time.
- You may experience some flickers while using Mindesk in VR. We are working to optimize the direct mode buffer and provide a smoother experience.
- Hiding Mindesk viewports will cause a freeze. To solve bring viewport on top again.
Your opinion matters. Please tell us what do you think, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Facebook Page
- Mindesk team -