Leafcutter: Google Sheets for Grasshopper
***UPDATE September 2016 - Leafcutter has been superseded by the Flux plugin for Google Sheets. Click the link below to add the Google Sheets extension.***
To send data bi-directionally between Google Sheets and Grasshopper you will also need to install the Flux plugin for Grasshopper available here: http://www.food4rhino.com/project/flux-exchange-data-web?etx
Thankyou to all the early beta users of Leafcutter and previous contributors and collaborators.
Flux.io is pleased to present Leafcutter to the Grasshopper community.
Leafcutter is an open source project to connect Grasshopper to Google Sheets, with proper OAuth 2.0 Authentication.
Leafcutter exposes the following components:
- Google Authenticator. Creates a session token for connecting to your Google account.
- Spreadsheet List. Fetches a list of spreadsheets in your account.
- Read From Spreadsheet. Read specified cells from the specified sheet and worksheet.
- Write To Spreadsheet. Write to specified cells and worksheet.
- Create Spreadsheet. Self-explanatory.
- Find Cell Address. Query the spreadsheet for an existing value and return the cell address.
This project is open source and released under the MIT License. Visit the Github repo here:
This is a first release and has been tested by a limited number of users. It may contain bugs. Please use it "as is", it does not come with warranties. We welcome any and all feedback and development support should you be interested.
- Close Rhino if it is open.
- Double-click the LeafcutterInstall.exe file.
- Click your way to Leafcutter happiness.
Application Engineer @ Flux.io
Flux is a provider of collaborative design software for the building construction industry. For more info, please see our website.