This is the first release of Cicada Midi-Controller.
Cicada is an under developing Plugin in order to using grasshopper as a MIDI-Controller.
the versions aim simplicity and avoiding lots of parameters may not be used in grasshopper, however we need your feedback for adding some extra features to it.Cicada provide Grasshopper an ability to controll MIDI devices and also palaying music via using softwares or MIDI support instrument.
The core is powered by Midi Dot Net released by Tom Lokovic but with some modification to improve running in Grasshopper;
I have tested this project, but it is the first release and it might contain still bugs. Please use it "as is", it does not come with warranties. , please give credit where credit is due. Other additional text.
- In Grasshopper, choose File > Special Folders > Components folder. Save the Cicada.gha and Midi.dll file there.
- Right-click the file > Properties > make sure there is no "blocked" text
- Install just one of these virtual internal Midi loop interfaces:
- LoopMidi (recommended)
- (if using LoopMidi add a Port with name "Cicada")
- Restart Rhino and Grasshopper
The components would appears in Heteroptera category, Cicada subcategory.
- Amin Bahrami